You have chlamydia through vaginal, oral, and anal contact that is sexual. This consists of both sex that is penetrative intimate tasks where there was a change of human body liquids. It is possible to get chlamydia by sharing adult toys. In the event that you don’t have symptoms if you have chlamydia, you can pass it to others even.
It is common to not notice any symptoms if you have chlamydia. They will most likely show up between 2 and 6 weeks after sexual contact if you do get symptoms. Your signs depends on in which the illness is found. The absolute most symptoms that are common:
- Penis/external genitals: you may possibly notice irregular discharge and a silly, painful, or sensation that is itchy. You might like to have trouble or pain when urinating. You may experience pain there and red tube sometimes a little swelling if you have testicles.
- Vagina/internal genitals: you may possibly notice unusual release and bleeding. Other signs could be reduced pain that is abdominal sometimes discomfort during sex.
- Rectum: You may notice discharge that is abnormal. It is possible to have discomfort in your community.
- Throat: it really is uncommon to own signs right here however you might experience a sore neck.
- Attention: You may notice inflammation or discharge that is abnormal.
*Note: For those who have had reduced surgery, your genital signs can vary greatly.
Tests and Diagnosis
You can find alternatives for the way you test for chlamydia. A physician will suggest particular tests based from the forms of sex that you’re having. Testing is normally through with a urine sample or perhaps a swab for the neck, anus or vagina.
It is advisable to get tested for chlamydia in the event that you:
- have actually signs
- have partner that is sexual has tested positive for chlamydia
- are performing routine assessment for STIs
- are expecting
- will have an IUD placed, a medical abortion, or perhaps a gynecological procedure